Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 20: There's Gotta Be a Horse in Here Somewhere

Scripture: Psalms 145-146
Today's Menu:
Ginger Sesame tofu
Spinach pasta salad
Grilled eggplant
Steamed broccoli with sliced tomato
Roasted mushroom
Gnocchi with pomodoro sauce


There's Gotta Be a Horse in Here Somewhere
I begin this blog with a story Rev told during his sermon at the 2nd Site:
Two men were hired to work on farm.  The job was to shovel manure out of the barn.  The first man refused and walked away.  The second man accepted the job and got to work.  After several hours, the owner of farm came to check on the progress of the man.  He found the man happily shoveling the manure from the barn and hard at work.  The farmer inquired about how the man was doing and why he was so happy about shoveling the manure.  The man replied: "With all this manure, I figure there's gotta be a horse in there somewhere."

That's what I want to share with you this afternoon.  A simple message: Keep digging, there's gotta be a horse in there somewhere.  We are now at the final days of the fast.  20 days down and for many only 1 day to go.  Don't give up now, keep digging 'cause there's gotta be a horse (a blessing) in there somewhere.  Don't stop digging for God in prayer, or scripture, or worship.  Don't abandon the habits that you have developed.  Keep digging because God is indeed a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him.  

I have more days to go with Daniel and I know that there are some others who are continuing, too.  Let me now if you want the blog to continue for the whole 40 days.  Meanwhile, I am letting this simple message encourage my heart.  I'm gonna keep digging 'cause with all this manure there's gotta be a horse in there somewhere for me, too!

2 comments:

  1. WOW...what a powerful message we heard at the second site...I must admit that i felt like ending the fast early yesterday but i made it through. So when Pastor Watley mentioned that the Daniel fast is 21 days and not 19, I could not help but to laugh because he was walking right down my street. I am so encouraged to finish as well as having my one meal on Tuesday - which i already know what it is going to be...:)

    @Rev St. Clair - thanks for posting the highlight of sermon...Also, i'm loving the ginger sesame tofu too...just tried some today. In addition, i ate the following today:
    basil tomato soup
    Seaweed Salad
    Fruit Smoothies with Rice and Pea Protein
    Trail Mix with Dried Unsweetned Banana's
    Fruit

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in the home stretch and I feel great, smelled that coffee again this morning but I am hanging in there, well really I just ran out of the room FAST :-).
    WOW - Pastor's sermon was all up in my comfort zone yesterday but repeating "21 not 19, 21 not 20" again and again gave me hope and encouragement that I can do it!!
    I will be going back to my detox fast which is similar to the Daniel fast but also following all the fasts that God has directed me to follow as a body of the church. I just loved the way that we (St James) as a whole came together with support and encourgement during this fast with shopping tips, recipes, recommendations for foods and this blog.
    Thank you Rev Raquel for "taking your church face off" and sharing your struggles because sometimes we think that ministers don't go through what we go through. I believe your sharing allowed a lot of us to open up and share what we were feeling.

    Be blessed

    ReplyDelete