Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 1 Here We Go!

Scripture: Psalm 80
Today's Menu:
I have packed this since today will be a LONG day at the church and will bring home whatever I don't eat
Breakfast Smoothie (Recipe makes about 26oz)
  • 2 1/2 bananas
  • 1/2 can unsweetened coconut milk
  • 6 ice cubes
  • 3/4 cup of pineapples in own juice, no sugar
  • 2 frozen strawberries
  • 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1 serving steamed broccoli
1 serving raw carrots
2 rice cakes with Healthy Balance Peanut Butter
1 nectarine
1 pomegranate
1 pack freeze dried apples
1 pack freeze dried pears
handful of nuts
whole grain rotini and Prego marinara sauce (no sugar added!)

ANSWERS:
  • You may eat dried fruit IF none of the forbidden items are included i.e. sugar, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors, etc.
  • No teas or coffees (not herbal, organic, or decaffeinated--none)
Here We Go!
As you can see, I am trying to adopt a standard format for the blog to help us along.  I will post whatever my daily reading is, you are in no way obligated to read the same thing.  Right now I am smack in the middle of the Psalms and will continue through the fast.  Next, I give you my planned menu.  I will probably have about 8-12oz of a smoothie for breakfast and pack the rest to sip on during the day.  If I am working, I tend to pack a day's worth of food to avoid looking for a snack or meal.  Since I will be putting in long (LONG) hours between now and the Revival, I'll bring my main food to work and eat fruit or vegetables in the evening if I am hungry. Finally, I answer questions that have popped up on the blog on email.

Today, my focus is on getting very clear about about my prayer requests. So, I will spend time listening to hear what specific areas of breakthrough God is guiding me towards.  There are things I want, but what I want most of all is God's will in my life.  Can I confess to you that I really love Jesus with all my heart and already it seems like that love is growing deeper and more passionate?  I know some of you are thinking: Of course you really love Jesus, you're a minister.  That's true but what is also true is that ALL of us can get up in CHURCH and miss God. Amen, somebody! I want to press past people, their ideas, expectations, and demands and seek God first.  I want to hear from heaven, not just for y'all but for ME (no offense) because I believe that God can and wants to bless me not just for what I can do in the kingdom for someone else but for ME because He loves me, too.  And whereas I am standing in solidarity with the church and its members for breakthrough, I am going for broke for Raquel. I am going back to my first love which is not ministry but God. I just love Him!! So, I'm gonna end this entry on that note and just sit in His presence, listen for His voice and tell Him over and over again I love YOU! My God, I do! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh and remember to pray at noon and come to Bible Study and prayer tonight at 6:30PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prayer and consecration service was a blessing. We have such a wonderful congregation, a dynamic leadership team,and a magnanimous pastor at St. James AME Church. I just could not help but to give God praise for everyone in the assembly this evening. I was also so glad to see my sister friend Theresa. She is not a member of St. James but decided to take this journey with us and I am grateful to God for that.

    As I mentioned in a previous post, I am not big on cooking. I workout 5-6 days a week and eat 6-7 meals a day. However, three of those meals are protein Shakes/smoothies. So my meal plan looked like this today:

    4:30 am - Organic Kamut Flakes w/ 1 cup of Soy&Rice milk

    (5-6:30 Workout)

    7:30 am - Hemp Protein Shake and a piece of fruit

    9:30 am - Oatmeal mixed with blueberries and bananas

    11:30 am - Hemp Protein Smoothie
    2 Corncakes (similar to rice cakes but much thinner and made with corn) w/1tbs Peanut butter

    1:30 pm - Brown rice with Black Beans and Corn
    Apple

    4:00 pm - Hemp Protein smoothie w/1/4 cup of mixed nuts and seeds

    6:00 pm - Seaweed, Broccoli with sun dried tomato and garlic

    This is pretty much how I eat everyday, with the exception of the last meal. I had to pick up a few things at the grocery store and stoped by the salad bar at wholefoods for this meal...

    I got a little tied up at work at the noon hour but still managed to get out around 12:35 to have prayer in my car.

    One thing I need to be mindful of is that even though we are allowed to eat certain foods, we should not be overindulgent. I was convicted about this today when I kind of went overboard on an allowable food. I confessed and moved on. I kicked gluttony out and now I am ready to go the distance...what about you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matthew 6:19-24 – This scripture hit home for me because it talks about serving two masters. It doesn’t matter if the master if food, shopping or some other master, there can be only ONE. God is the Master I choose to serve as I sacrifice some of the foods that I just LOVE but will learn to live without for the next 21 days and prayerfully thereafter.

    For me I need to stay focused, my mind tends to race all over the place which is why I am praying for structure and a much needed balance in my life. In order to receive that balance I need to hear from God; so I choose to set aside some quiet time daily to be with God so I don’t have to yell “GOD CAN YOU HEAR ME” all the time because I am all over the place and I can’t hear HIM.

    Day 1 was not challenging at all, I had a lot to eat and finished everything all before 6pm last evening so that all I drank afterwards was water until bedtime.
    Emerald has 100 calorie natural almonds in packs and I bought organic apple slices from Costco’s for about $8.00 for 8 pkgs. that you can break up into 2 servings a pkg. Snacking is important for me so having healthy snacks work.
    It is funny, last evening Rev Watley talked about the stomach making noises (mine is doing it as I type LOL) and how we think these are hunger pains, but it is just the stomach muscles contracting as it prepares itself to receive nourishment. I try to eat every 3-4 hours even if it is a piece of fruit. Calm down tummy it is not time yet…
    I am looking for a BREAKTHROUGH and I expect to get it no matter how long it takes.

    Be blessed

    ReplyDelete