Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 13: Sunday Thoughts

Scripture: Luke 17:1
Today's Menu:
Salad (lettuce, tomato, red onion, black olive, jalapeno peppers, cucumbers) with a veggie pattie
Baked Tostitoes
Apple chips
pistachios
almonds (maybe...or matzo or rice cake with peanut butter)

Sunday Thoughts...
I am sitting in my den munching on a salad without dressing, cheese, or meat and actually enjoying it.  I am amazed at how my taste buds have changed.  I am also realizing that although nothing much has changed on the outside, so much on the inside has.  One thing I have noted in general is that the fight has returned to my spirit.

Yesterday, in a conversation with one of my best friends, I commented on how this fast has enabled me to see how much of the devil's stuff I was just putting up with.  I tolerated and accepted things that I did not have too and stopped fighting and believing for things that God promised me.  I somehow allowed guilt, mistakes, and wrong turns make me feel like I couldn't really ask or believe God for some things in my life and started receiving what the devil was dishing out--discouragement, disappointment, disbelief which decreased my vision. Sure God was going to bless me, He was just that good but not in ways I truly wanted.  No, I messed that up when I went left instead of right, or said no instead of yes, or procrastinated too long, or acted in fear instead of faith.  so if I don't get this or ever that...well it is my own fault, the consequences of my actions or lack thereof.  And yet I had already confessed those things as sin, truly repented of them, and did not turn back but I was holding it against myself because God had already forgotten it.  I was the one who, decided I deserved less, could only have less, not God.  I let the devil guilt me then use the fact that certain things had not yet manifested as proof they would never come.  I let him convince me not to hope or I would be disappointed; not to ask because God would surely say no; not to desire because it would lead to heartbreak; not to dream because it would not only be deferred but denied.  Sure I could believe God for the church and church people but I had slowly, imperceptibly stopped believing for me.   Some of you know what I mean because you been down this road too....

And what is happening is that as I have been reading the word during this fast I keep on getting reminders of what God has spoken into my life and promised me and my spirit refuses to bow to the natural but is holding fast to what it has glimpsed in the spiritual.  My vision is expanding and I am seeing the lies of Satan as just that LIES!!! God really has promised good to me and some things I really desire.  And my fight has returned.  I am no longer settling.  I believe God--that's it and I am no longer going to shrink wrap the vision or pocket size the promise.  That regardless of past disappointments, pain, prayers not answered as I would have liked--I trust GOD!  I trust God with every hope, dream, wish, want, prayer, desire, and petition.  And I will fight the devil with all that I have.  I am going on the offense.  I'm tired of playing the defense.  I want a touchdown, and not just block the goal. Some battles I will win others I may lose.  But even if I lose, the devil is going to know he was in a fight.  

I don't know what things will look like on day 21 but I see me in the future and I look better than I do right now.  




6 comments:

  1. I got a lot of work to do. But thank God for a head start.

    Dinner: curried mixed vegetables with tofu and brown rice....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rev Raquel I am glad you got your fight back...

    I like Tammi have a lot of work to do and I have realized that the work is an ongoing process and I can't afford to stop because Satan will pull out all his forces if he sees that I have wandered.
    I am still meditating and gaing clarity with my thoughts - listening to my heartbeat does it for me, I feel so refreshed and cleansed after my time with God.

    Dinner - Stir fry string beans with red,yellow and orange peppers, grilled sweet potatoes

    Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today's sermon was a breakthrough for me. I have been consumed with hurtful, offensive things that have been said to me and about me - NO MORE! I am so much more than that. Didn't even realize I was carring that weight. So now I am lighter. I haven't lost any weight, only inches, which is fine. Tonights dinner was cabbage & potatoes cooked in vegetable broth, brown rice with mixed vegetables and broiled salmon. Dessert - rice cakes with strawberries and bananas - yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not been in a good place these last two days...so much sweets have been shoved in my face these last two days and i have to keep walking away. (this is my week spot) I had to tell a coworker today 3 times no thank you to a box of cookies he was offering to me. He said "go ahead, induldge yourself", i knew it was right from the devil. I could almost hear him laughing in my spirit. I wanted to smack the box out of his hand. lol! I am laughing at myself as i am writing this. It's my flesh having a tantrum, but i know i have to keep fighting. So my challenge is keeping a good attitude as i continue these last days. The thoughts that keep comming to my mind is whats the use? Nothing has happened so why keep going? I know that is the enemy discouraging me, so i am trying to keep my eyes up to God as i wait on him...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please keep my father in prayer tomorrow. He is having a major surgery. His name is Joseph Guercy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterdya was a powerful day beginning with your sermon Rev. Raquel. "To Grow or Not to Grow". God knows that I need to grwo. especially away from some tbings and some people. I have always known this, but God has to help me. I am not trying to hurt anyone, especially people who depend on me. It has to be a god thing. Pray for me

    ReplyDelete