Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 10: The Number of Divine Order

Scripture: Psalm 106
Today's Menu: Leftovers
Bean salad
Black beans, brown rice, mixed with tequila lime salsa
vegetarian chili
Banana, pineapple, and blueberry smoothie
Spaghetti squash and marinara sauce with sauteed mushrooms
Spinach sauteed in garlic and olive oil
Random nuts and fruit
(Ok I just listed everything in my fridge, I won't eat all of it!)

The Number of Divine Order
The first thing that hit me as I started to type this post is that today is day 10 and 10 is a significant spiritual number.  The number 10 signifies completion and perfection along with numbers 3, 7, and 12. Three is divine perfection (Trinity). Seven is spiritual perfection; when God completes a work (creation).  Twelve is governmental perfection (12 tribes, 12 disciples). However, 10 is the number of divine order. What is distinctive about 10 is that human beings MUST participate.  This one is not on God like the others.  This level of completion cannot be accomplished unless we participate with God, think 10 commandments--we have to obey.  

So on this 10th day of the fast, I reminded to remain strong and do my part.  There is a role I must play in my own breakthrough: fasting, praying, staying in the word, living out my fasting commitments of no TV.  Last night, I felt a cold coming on--my throat is scratchy; I have an annoying runny nose, and a headache that won't really go away.  I was feeling a little type of way (as opposed to just some type of way) because I have yet to hear God's voice or get a revelation or anything.  I haven't gotten the glory cloud or even that "sweet spot."  God is very near but still just out of reach.  And today, I really want to crawl into bed and just sleep but I will write the sermon, blog, journal, read the word. I want comfort food not the apple ice that is still untouched in the freezer (hmmm maybe it will sooth my throat) but I will fast.  I want to TV but I will listen to hymns and simply listen instead.  I have to overpower my "I want" with "I will" and "I must" so I can reach day 21 (3x7) which is the intersection of divine order and spiritual perfection. 

Yeah, I just got excited writing that!!!  That's the place I want to be because that is a powerful intersection.  It's a place where God takes over where I have left off from doing all I can so God can now do what only God can.  That's the kind of breakthrough I need.  One that extends beyond my ability to grant myself and God just steps in to do the exceeding, abundant, greater than I can think or imagine things.  I am expecting miracles of God and so I need to expect something from myself--obedience, faithfulness, discipline.  If I can live out my day 10's then I will be ready for day 3's, and 7's, and 12's when God moves.  I am convinced that God must make us into breakthrough people before we actually get a breakthrough--slaves cannot live in the Promised Land.  Day 10's gets us ready to accept God's move on the 21st.

It's day 10--what do you need to do?

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea of the significance of 10.

    I was invited to apply for a promotional opportunity yesterday. I did not respond right away because I am still waiting to hear about these other positions I had interviewed for. But today, when I woke up, I began to seek the lord about this matter. I realized that this was an opportunity I needed for the next step in my career. This is an opportunity that may not be attractive to others because of the risk and uncertainty that surrounds the position. Not to mention, I will be leaving the comforts of Newark. This position is located in Randolph, NJ. Nevertheless, at some point in all of our lives, we will have to step out of our comfort zones and heed the call to walk on water.

    This has been a rough year for me career wise. While I’m not ready at this time to leave state service, I do need to move on from where I am. I’ve applied for so many positions within the Division in the last year and went on at least four interviews. As I mentioned above, I have not heard from the last two interviews.

    Well, to make a long story short, I responded to the email this morning. Around 8:45 am I received confirmation from the manager for an interview next week. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey enerpeace....I understand your uncertainity. Being employed for the same place and making the move to supervise almost five years ago is challenging. Just remember we are called to serve God while here on Earth and our jobs are a service. From one employee to the next....u have nothing to lose......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divine Order - Rev Raquel mentioned the 10 Commandments, what comes to my mind is the Tithe 10% - Divine Order. God ordains the order because the order is according to His will not ours. He commanded it and it our duty to be obdient no questions asked and without hesitation.

    I need to stay focused with a clear mind so that the steps I take during this fast and thereafter will line up with the divine order that God has preordained for my life. I need to become transparent with myself about what I need to do to nurture the relationship that I currently have with God, so that it pleases Him and Him alone.

    God is so awesome that sometimes I am so amazed at how His plans come full circle. Just when I think the gap will remain open God closes it, sometimes right away and sometimes it may take what seems like forever; but He closes it, that I do believe.

    When I look back at last Sunday's sermon where Pastor talked about taking "Wrong Turns" and how during these wrong turns, delays may happen but there is so much to be learned as a result of of the wrong turn - God's Divine Order.

    Day 10 and still going strong loving the way I feel and liking the way I look, even though I like Rev Raquel, still haven't heard from God, but I know He is there because of the peace I feel when I think about my life and my God.

    Be Blessed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rev. St. Clair......you just made me imagine you in the pupit throwing your arm(similiar to Arsenio w/o the cirles) letting me know you had a little talk with Jesus. Only God Himself could have given you that and I'm glad that you shared it with me.

    I believe that I have to let my children go. I know God is gonna take care of them because He gave them to me, but I have this strong impulsive driving force to always make sure they have. It doesn't matter what it is education,recreational activities, whatever.

    Just recently there was this big hoopla because Barak wanted to speak to the children because they are going back to school. It was a problem and he's the president! I internalized it because of what it really is and had the talk with my son that no matter what people say, hold your head up high and reminded him that he has to do excellent in school this year and the rest of the years to come.

    Most people will say that's good, but like I said earlier, It's a strong force and sometimes the force leaves a rrrrgh(DMX like) feeling with me.

    I don't know....but I know I have to let God tame that force.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Rev. St. Clair for explaining that. I knew those were special numbers but didn't know exactly why. Day 10...divine order. Today was the first day I truly felt God's peace since starting this fast. I know its because I spent the most time with God this morning, instead of rushing through my devotion time. I am starting to hear bits and pieces..."With me (God) all things are possible", "He will instruct me and teach me the way I should go;I will counsel you with my eye upon you." (pslams 32:8). So I know God has great plans, but in order to get there, I have to be diciplined in my devotion time and follow instructions when they are given to me (not when I feel like it). It means staying up when God wakes me at 4 or 5am to pray, instead of telling God I am tired and going back to sleep (can you believe that?). So that is my challenge during this time, being still before him. I know that is when I'll see the change I am longing to see...

    On another note...I am enjoying (gulp!) cooking. This is truly God helping me. This morning I was inspired by the mushrooms (Rev. St. Clair) and decided to create something with the ones I had in the fridge. It came out sooo good! (imagine that!)

    I put minced garlic and olive oil in a pan and added mushrooms, cut up sweet peppers, and campari tomatos (cut in quarters). Sauteed for about 5 min, then lowered the fire to let it simmer for about 10-15 min, with the cover on the pan. It made a garlic type of sauce from the tomato and mushroom juices. I put that over my potatos and had that for lunch. It was really tasty! (see what happens when you spend time in prayer...)

    Good nite all!

    ReplyDelete