Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 18: A carrying, moving, present God

Scripture: Psalm 140-???
Today's Menu:
Sesame ginger tofu with spinach noodles, grilled eggplant, grilled mushrooms, olives
A few salted almonds
Corn cakes (like rice cakes but made with corn) with peanut and banana slices
Sliced oranges

A Carrying, Moving, Present God
This blog is very late....I know and I apologize.  I was caught by the totally unexpected but made it through and still managed to get what I needed done today.   The blessing is that I was able to deal with the challenges with genuine level of peace and without being overwhelmed.  I know this is the result of fasting.  I am able to go with the flow without being so frustrated.

The last couple of days, I was really hit with the unexpected.  I walked out of the dentist(s) offices--note the plural-- with about $2000 worth of work to be done sooner than later.  Did I mention, I do not have that kind of money to plop down right now? And yet, I like having teeth...I wanted to cry when I was told but instead I just gave it to God and kept on going.  I don't carry things like I used to.

In this season, I am not hearing from God so much, ok at all.  No word from the Lord but I see God moving in the details of my life.  Perhaps, God is teaching me a new way of communicating...here's what I mean.  I am very comfortable with the talking God but not that excited about the silent one.  This is what I am mainly experiencing during this fast. Perhaps God is asking me to trust Him as a moving God--taking care of things even though He's not saying anything in particular to me.  Perhaps God is asking me to trust Him as the carrying God, because He keeps on taking my burdens and I am becoming more aware that there are some things that I don't have to lug around. And perhaps, God is asking me to just worship because every time I simply utter a "thank you" because I feel God's presence flood my soul.  

God is showing me Godself in a ways I have known Him.... but DEEPER.  I love this carrying, moving, and present God.  I love Him!  
  

3 comments:

  1. I am not hearing from God either, I talk (pray) and He listens but doesn't say anything but I have a real peace afterwards and just for today that is enough for me. When I usually hear from God it is after the fact and I am caught off guard because I am not looking for the message or the blessing or it may be something that I asked for previously and stopped asking because God was silent. I then realized that I may not have been ready to receive it or God was still working on the details.
    I am grateful whenever God chooses to bless me, talk to me or is just present when I need Him the most. My faith carries me day to day and I have such a calmness in my spirit that it shows - people notice it and they don't know what it is but I do - The Comforter

    Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned that sometimes when God is silent in my life it is because He has already told me what to do and its not what I wanted to hear so I continue to pray and ask "what am I supposed to do? Sometimes we use prayer as procrastination. We've already been told what to do and we continue to ask. I now know when God is silent - I just have to wait. Being patient can be really challenging but when we exercise patience with the faith that God's got this & we really don't have to want for anything, our spirits will be calm. God will always show up on time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have been praying and God has been silent. At one time this would have be frightening, but I know whatever the situation is God is working for my good. I must learn to be patient and obedient. During these 19 days, I have found it very difficult to get my bible study and reading time in. I do all the other things, but bible reading has not been one of my strong points. I read Rev. St.Clair's message the other day and took it to heart. I prayed and I need more than the 21 days. Maybe 40 or maybe longer. I want to be able to run with the stallions and 21 days is not going to achieve that. No this fast has not been easy (I love meat,sweets and junk food) but I do not feel that whatever God wants me to know or have me to do has been revealed to me, so I must be patient and wait for God to reveal His Plan.

    ReplyDelete