Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 16: Pray for the Tipping Point

Scripture: Psalms 121-130
Today's Menu:
???? just not sure. the whole foods split pea soup was EXCELLENT and so was the veggie burger, may try again...

Pray For the Tipping Point
I can't believe the fast is almost over.  I was just thinking that by next Tuesday's Bible Studies and prayer meeting, we will have completed 21 days together.  I am excited about that and all that it has taught us.  I pray that we will continue some of these disciplines as we move forward.  

I think we are at a critical time.  I feel like we have been in this holding pattern for a while now and I am praying that we reach our tipping point during this fast.  A tipping point is when a previously rare phenomenon occurs rapidly and far more commonly.  It occurs at some point when the scales are mysteriously swayed to the other side.  It is my earnest prayer that as a people we are there.  I pray that our fasting and praying in solidarity; that in this corporate act of sacrifice we will have tipped as a people from apathy to appreciation, satisfied to surrendered, and excuses to excellence.  

I pray that we truly tip over into the place and be the people God is calling us to be. I pray that vision will no longer be held up and people will have a mind press forward to God's promises.  I believe that God has promised good to St. James.   Pray for the tipping point....

2 comments:

  1. I will pray for the tipping point for myself, our congregation and our community. I so tired of bad things happening to good people. I pray the lessons we've learned will not have to be repeated. I have become so much more disciplined during this fast. I make our lunch every night. I get up and fix smoothies for breakfast. I spend at least 1 hour in devotion and worship. I pick my clothes out every night for the next day. These are things I should always do and can always do. I had really gotten lazy and succumbed to the weight that I was carrying. I'm so ready for the tipping point. I'm excited about the praise reports that are coming from my circle of friends and from our church family. I'm dancing mightly this morning for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for the tipping point to occur as often as God feels it is needed. I will be praying that the prayers of the people will extend up and beyond the heavens so that a mighty move of God will manefest itself on God's property, after all we do belong to God.

    I will be praying that the atmosphere of breakthrough infuses itself into the hearts and minds of God's children as we embark on revival such that there will be a great outpour of souls that have been attracted to the atmosphere in St James. That they will fall down at the alter giving themselves to God and that the saints will renew their covenant of obdience to God.

    The tipping point...

    Be blessed

    ReplyDelete