Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 19: Bringing things to my Remembrance

Scripture: Psalms 141-144
Todays Menu:
Gnocchi with pomodoro sauce
salad with oil and vinegar
OJ

Bringing Things to My Remembrance
I had to go get my old tattered, falling apart from the seam Bible for this one because I was remembering something Bishop Evans said when he preached for our 2005 Visions Conference.  I wrote on the blank pages of my Bible (where I keep my sermon notes) and here's what the two quotes I recorded on April 29, 2005 said:

"God specializes in you being vulnerable before the breakthrough."
"Your need is the revelation of where God is moving in your life next."

I remembered his words today, or at least portions of it and wanted to get it right, which is why I went searching for this Bible.  If he is correct, then I am headed for a huge financial breakthrough. 

During the fast, I have been praying to be loosed from debt and specifically asked God last night to free me so that I might be a blessing to the kingdom.  My prayer is to have the resources to give as my heart desires.  I want to have so much to give that I have to search for places to give it.  I want ministry to go forth unhindered by financial concerns and if people don't want to get with vision--no problem! I want God to bless me so that the stingy cannot stop the show.  So where have I been getting attacked?  ....You guessed it, another crazy bill this week and then I remembered these words of Bishop Evans.  It is also no surprise that these attacks have come directly after I surrendered to continue this fast for 40 days.  

Well, the Lord will work it out and I am on to the next thing.  I don't worry like I used to; maybe this fast is opening my eyes wide enough to see the big picture.  God's got me and always has, sometimes, though, I have forgotten and yet He has never forgotten me.  Thanks, Rev. Debbie--I am NOT forgotten, all in God's perfect timing and so I am going to trust God and God's timing.  I am going to watch and worship this moving, carrying, and present God.  Because when I sit quietly, my spirit leaps within me.  It is so excited about something that I have yet to grasp and I am getting excited, too.  

So, tonight when everything is done and quiet, I will sit and meditate on these words and let them saturate my spirit.  I will listen to hear if the Lord or my spirit wants to let me in on the surprise.  And I will thank God and worship because I believe again, I hope again, and I trust again, because most of all, I am EXCITED again! 


2 comments:

  1. WOW I am excited for you Rev as well as all of those who are expecting breakthrough during this fasting season.
    Believe, Trust, Expect - BREAKTHROUGH!!!

    Be blessed

    ReplyDelete