Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 15: The Sweet Spot

Scripture: Psalm 120-???
Today's Menu:
Craving a salad with a veggie pattie
Split pea soup

The Sweet Spot
I think I have hit the "sweet spot,"  the place where you have settle into the fast and the presence of God is so apparent.  I like this place!  Last night, I came home from church and I logged onto Pandora.com and put on my "hymns4worship" station.    I worshipped as I washed my face and got ready for bed.  Then I as settled into bed with my journal and a book on fasting that I am reading, it was like curling up beside a best friend for wonderful conversation.  It was almost akin to that almost giddy sleep over feeling where you have been waiting all day to hang out with your friends because there is no bed time or interruptions.  The music set the atmosphere and I was so CONTENTED to journal, listen, and read.  I was so glad not to watch TV when I came home or talk to anyone.  I did not feel the lonely yearning for God to fill the space but this contentment of companionship.  I was so far from alone, it was amazing.  I fell asleep talking to God instead of falling asleep on God.  And I have had the best, most restful nights of sleep during this fast than I have had since my grandmother died almost 2 years ago.  

God is so near, nearer than hands and feet, closer than breath and air and I love Him deeply.  I am deeply loved. I do not want to leave this place/space.  And know that there are some ways I need to reorganize my life to accommodate these quiet moments and get the necessary rest.  I need to limit how much TV I watch because it was definitely increasing before the fast.  Perhaps I will set a time limit for myself, an allotment for the day.  I need these extended mornings and evenings with God.  

We have one more week left of our journey together but I am praying to see if mine will actually end or if I need to press on a little further, perhaps do 40 days before my 4oth year...I want change that will reorient my entire existence so like Jacob, I am not letting go until God blesses me.  Stay tuned....

5 comments:

  1. Amen! "I'm not letting go until God blesses me". I am putting that on a card to put on my mirror. I'm not sure when this fast ends for me either...really feel God holding me to it. I started thinking about what I would have when this was over and realized that some of it I don't want to put back into my body. We'll see how God moves me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen...Great things are headed our way...Great things...Great things...and i am so glad that i will not be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too do not want to go back to the way I was eating before the fast. My life has changed, my body and my soul feels refreshed. I am going to continue eating live/raw foods well after the fast is over. I am not saying that I will not eat a piece of chicken or a turkey burger or two but I will definately watch what I eat. If I stay on this track when we embark on the next fast, I will need to sacrifice something else in addition to or instead of the food since if I continue eating this way, giving up the foods will not be a sacrifice for me.

    Anyone who was at this evening's prayer meeting will agree that the presence of God was in the santuary. The dance ministry, praise team/choir under the direction of Shakinah did a fantastic job ministering. I left on such a natural high that I continued talking and praising God all the way home and a bit afterwards too.

    To repeat what has already been expressed on this blog and during prayer this evening "I am not letting go until God blesses me". BREAKTHROUGH is on the horizon...

    Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning!
    Well, we are almost through the fast. But I feel as others do, I do not want to go back to eating like I was before the fast. Prayerfully, I have come up with some meals that I like and have already repeated some of them. I have never eaten so much fresh fruit in a day in my life. I just did not care for fresh fruit. I am definitely going to continue doing so. I will be honest, I have made some mistakes during my fast. I decided not give up. I am really glad I did not give up and go back to my old ways. I knew in my heart what a forgiving God we have and asked for His forgiveness and kept pluggin! I experienced his forgiveness, grace and mercy. What a blessing!!! Well Fasters, until next time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to see if anyone knew of this feeling I am having. It came to me tonight in the tub, "God's Sweet spot". I too have entered into the sweet spot of God. It is place that you can't wait to go in silence and worship and praise him. As I listened to worship music, I weeped like a baby because I am so blessed. Blessed beyond imagination and I know I am not worthy. I see God moving in my life, I see him sustaining me, carrying me, and loving me faithfully. I have so much peace and I too am giddy with excitement to be alone and spend time with God. I can truly say I am in love with God and I know he is my everything. Be blessed and I hope everyone will reach the place of the sweet spot with God.

    ReplyDelete