Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 9: Sunday Afternoon

Scripture: I Samuel 4-5
Today's Menu:
black beans over brown rice
portuguese collard greens (hey, gotta finish it up-waste not want not...)
nuts
peach apple sauce
olive tortillas

Cooking chili in crockpot as I write:
1 bag kidney beans
1 bag white beans
3 cans diced tomato
1 small can tomato paste
1 chopped onion
1 can of Rotel tomatoes and chili powder
2 cans mushrooms
1/2 pkg of tofu (extra firm, crumbled)
salt, pepper, chili pepper, cummin to taste
I will take a look at it in another hour to see if ned to add more tomato paste to thicken it

Sunday Afternoon
Today was a very good day with unexpected surprises...I went to 2nd site and knew Minister Steve would not be there today. He had made arrangements for a friend of his to lead it. Instead, it was the entire Watchnight Praise Team minus Minister Steve. How awesome! Then 2 seekers came forward to connect with the ministry and I think God may have given me answer to one of my fasting requests. Like Mary, I am pondering this in my heart. I feel at peace, though.

So, right now, I have some chili cooking in the crockpot and I don't have to do a thing. I can rest this evening and that is another blessing. I attempted to make some black rice but it was nasty. It really needs some butter to bring out the flavor...oh well, I will save it until after the fast and use it as a bed for some grilled salmon (yum!).

I am hopeful about this fast. God came through for me in a big way yesterday. I was able to do EVERYTHING I needed to do, get a nap in, AND be in bed by 10pm. I am reminded of the words to the hymn: Oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear. All because we do not carry, everything to God in prayer. Yesterday, God reaffirmed a lesson He taught me a long time ago--follow the peace. Yesterday, I just went with the flow and completed my sermon in record time, all my laundry was clean and put away (5 loads!), blog, devotions--all done. and today, by the time, I left 7:30am service for 9:30service, I had the title and text for next week's sermon.

So tonight, I will thank God again, settle into bed, and begin this week anew excited that in the end, a stressful week did not manage me, but with God's help, I managed it.

11 comments:

  1. @ Rev. St. Clair..what you know about black rice...let me find out you got haitian roots..:o) btw. black rice is one of my favorite haitian dishes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Rev. Raquel the Daniel message is most helpful, the recipes, the messages, the scriptures are really shaping up my total self. It's not easy cause I love to eat, but I also love to Fast especially coporately.The Fast helps me to keeping finding out what's pleasing to the lord. Thank you Rev. Raquel for you time in blogging everday it's not in vain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes this blog is a blessing. As I continue to deal with computer issue and have lost all my documents and music on my computer I praise God I can come here to connect with you all. Sunday service was such a blessing. With all that weighs on me right now I felt such a peace in service especially after the men's dance Moving Forward. I'm going forward today with God's grace & mercy. Even though I'm the only one fasting in my house I am finding it very satisfying to resist the temptations of all the cookies, pies and sodas in the house. It is helping me to listen to that still small voice. When I listen it really is alright.

    Yesterday I made the most delicious lentil chowder. It was featured on Fox News. If anyone wants the recipie, let me know - I'll email it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Everyone.

    #1 benefit of working out at home: you can work out in your pajamas! (But you still got to put on your sneakers) :o)...I got my 45 minute weight training workout on! now i have to get ready for the rest of the day. I have to work until 8:30 pm tonight. I Plan on hitting the gym around 9:00 pm for an hour of cardio. (I will be packing a gym bag) Fortunately, my gym is open 24hr monday-thursday. Let's see how this new schedule works out. Recommended Reading: The Abs Diet by David Zinczenko. I have the first version for men but there is one for woman too. I like the version i have.

    @dancingangel...yes..send me the recipie. send it to my facebook account.

    @anonymous..i agree the blog is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tammi I have the women's version of the Abs Diet. Let's get together to see what the diffs are.

    I just love my Sunday afternoons, they are one of the things that motivates me to do early service. I am out by 11am on most Sundays and I feel like I have a day off to just do nothing or a lot of something. I really identify with you Rev on that one.
    The Men of the Dance Ministry (Armor Bearers??) really ministered on Sunday. I just love seeing our men worship and praise God in dance it is so soothing to the soul.

    I made the most delicious veggie dish yesterday got it from WW.

    Here it is:
    Cauliflower Poppers - You can use broccoli to if you don't like cauliflower
    Ingredients
    1 spray(s) cooking spray
    1 small head(s) cauliflower
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1/2 tsp chili powder, adjust to taste
    1/2 tsp table salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    Instructions
    • Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
    • Cut cauliflower florets into bite-sized pieces (there should be about 4 cups). Place cauliflower in a medium bowl and add cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper; toss well to coat.
    • Spread cauliflower on prepared baking sheet and bake until cauliflower is tender, but not mushy, stirring halfway through, about 10 minutes. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.

    I am still struggling with the coffee - I love my coffee and it is everywhere, just this morning I smelled it brewing in someone's office (usually it is mine) but there was no one in the offices. Now tell me that is not the enemy trying to get me to cheat. SMH - Satan is a big fat LIAR!! Gotta keep saying it and believing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Susan-please send the recipe!
    @Tammy-my peoples is from VIRGINIA!!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone. Although I don't blog everyday, I am reading, listening, and praying for us as we cont to fast. The information that is shared via the blog is very helpful and encouraging.

    Something has been trying to attack my body since Friday morning. I don't know if it is stress related, as I started back school this weekend, but I had to call out from work today due to body aches and headaches. Thank God I feel better right now, and I'm just praying it lasts.

    I've been seeking God's direction for work and school, and I believe God has directed me this am. I was awarded a scholarship for school from my job, PRAISE GOD. Thank God for answered prayer and His faithfulness unto me/us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @alysia..Praise God! I am glad to hear about your educational advancement and the financial support you are recieving. In addition to our corporate prayer request, I have also petitioned God concerning educational advancement so your report is like an answer to my prayer. Thank you Lord! Godspeed to you!

    @Carin... I don't think there is much of a difference with the exception of the testimonials (mine are all men)I got a lot of information from this version. Perhaps we can swap books...brings your in sunday and i will bring mine. (and don't remove my stickies either...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @enerpeace... Thank God indeed! and God bless you in your educational advancement, as I know He will.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @tammy. I have black rice in my freezer! My mom made some for christmas, so I put most of it away since I knew the fast was comming up. I bring you some after we are done fasting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Tanya...YAY!!!!I was just thinking about some black rice this afternoon while i was driving!:o)Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete