Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3: The Lonelies

Scripture: Philippians 3-4 (read it yesterday, just read the whole letter)
Today, I read Colossians
Verse for today: May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from his glorious power, and may you be prepared to endure everything with patience, while joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has enabled you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light. Colossians 1: 11-12.
Today's Menu:
Cream of wheat with baby food or Polaner's All Fruit
Vegetable soup/stew (I'm gonna name this dish at some point)
Triscuits
Gerber Graduates Fruit Twist (yes, more baby food-perhaps I buying and eating this by faith...)
Apple
A little smoothie I made with bananas, pineapple, and soy milk--not bad, but not so good. lol!

The Lonelies
Yesterday evening/last night was bit difficult. Typically, the hardest days of the fast for me are the evenings of the first few days and it's not because of the food, it's the lonelies. I feel like I go through this stripping, isolating phase before I really sense the presence of God. The lack of TV, movies (all though I do not watch or go that much), the random conversations, or not intentionally participating in social activities makes me lonely. I already live alone and the fast REALLY emphasizes it.
So today, I need you all's prayers--call me by name-- because on the last fast I went for 40 instead of 21 days. 2 out of 3 of my personal requests went from bad to worse and the first part of the 3rd--no answer and the second part isn't looking that good. And that fast was a stretch--through revival and sharing meals with our guests that I could not really participate in, after planning the anniversary for a year-no good anniversary food, and I ended it with a 3 day water fast...smh and now this fast is during my 40th birthday and I am wondering if I am crazy for doing this again. I like cake! I like parties!
Ok, ok...I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. Another day of fasting begins and the optimism and hope returns on the wings of the new mercies I received this morning. I think: I can't wait to testify that it was all worth it and more; that the sacrifices pale in comparison to the blessings. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. I believe God. I obey God. Say it with me... I BELIEVE GOD. I OBEY GOD.

8 comments:

  1. This morning I lifted up all my single sisters in Christ who desire to be married. I asked God to send men after His own heart into our lives and that the unions will bring forth increase into his Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the cream of wheat with polaners all fruit and banana. VERY filling but I think I will mix the cream of wheat with a lil vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and sliced banana tomorrow. Not digging the baby food as much I thought...
    @Tammy--I pray in agreement with you. In Jesus' Name, AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had cream of wheat this morning and I put organic bran, flaxseed, wheat germ and applesauce (no sugar added) - Yum, yum and very filling. I found that unless the bananas are brown they really don't sweeten the cereal :-(. I also like to take apples core and slice bake with nutmeg and cinnamon and use them in my cereal as well. The heat brings out the sweetness in the apples

    I too pray in agreement with you both on that Rev and Tammy because I am single as well, live alone and experience the loneliness not just during the fast but now it seems to be enhanced 3x as much. My son came by today to do laundry and catching up with him eased the loneliness a bit. I was happy when he moved out on his own, even though we worked opposite hours we barely saw each other, but when he moved out there was a void. Now don't get me wrong, I am very happy for him and by him moving, it jacked up my budget a bit but the expenses dropped as well thank God for the balance.
    I was feeling some kinda way this morning. In my daily prayer and meditation with God, it was revealed to me that I need to fast from other people's problems with their significant others. For some strange reason I have been the sounding board for some of my co-workers problems and issues with their wives, girlfriends etc. I know in my prayers I always ask God to use me but give me a brake, It stops now, well tomorrow when I go back to work. I need to leave space for God to fill me up instead of OPP. Maybe I have that kinda face or personality that people believe they can confide in me and they can but during this fast it is about God and me.
    I believe God is going to keep His Word , I trust God, I love God and I too will obey God

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Evening everyone!

    @Carin, you are right with the bananas. If I did not remember one thing from my plant science class, I do remember that when you can still see green on the banana, they are in their starch form. When you start to see the brown frekles, that when they take of the form of sugar. Banana's are an interesting fruit. I once heard that banana's are picked before their time and ripen while in transit to their destination. Sounds a lot like the faith walk to me. :)

    @Rev. St. Clair ditto on the baby food. I mixed a small jar of bananas with the hot oat bran cereal and did not taste anything but a few extra calories-70 calories to be exact:(

    What did i eat today:

    7:30 hot oat bran cereal and 1/2 Grapefruit

    11:00am baked sweet potato and a brown rice medly of quinoa and garlic. 1 banana

    1:30 same as 11am except no banana

    3:30 Mixed salad with fresh salsa, a side of artichoke and spinach hummus and 1 cup of creamy mushroom soup and 1/2 grapefruit

    5:45pm apple

    7:30pm protien smoothie: 1 cup of eden blend rice&soy beverage, 1 scoop pea protein powder,
    1 banana, 1/2 cup frozen mango, 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries

    I find that baking a bunch of sweet potatoes in advance makes them more accessible when i need them. They are very filling and go well with any meal. If you reheat them in the toaster the oven, the skin becomes a nice crispy treat. :)

    Good Night Peeps...and Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I no longer complain when i can't sleep. Instead, I pray...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has anyone ever tried any of the gardein products.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never mind. I think it has yeast in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Monique I like gardein products...but it has that evaporated cane juice in them too...

    ReplyDelete