Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 11: Consistency

Scripture: I Samuel 13-15
Today's Menu:
Breakfast: Banana
Snack: Olive Tortilla and lemon sparking mineral water
Lunch: A TASTY ACCIDENT
I have been trying to figure out how to fix the black rice fiasco. I didn't want to waste it so I just shoved it in the refrigerator until I could resurrect it. Here's a recipe:
Black rice cooked in water or vegetable broth and salt (it is best with some BUTTER, but that'll have to wait)
I heated up a can of goya lentils with some salt, onion flakes, and pepper
Then I stirred in the black rice until it was about half rice and half lentils
added about a 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes
a couple of tbsps of this 3 pepper bruschetta I had in the fridge
I wanted to put some corn in it but was all out :-(
Gonna do it again tomorrow--I like this
Dinner: Vegetarian chili
I need to get some vegetables in....

Consistency
Yesterday I was a superstar! I got SO much done and even got ahead on my "to do" list all because I started the day right. Of course, I crashed around 5:30-6pm for a little nap but I was making things happen. Today should have been a repeat performance. It wasn't/isn't. I didn't make it to the gym. I am just now getting to the blog. I will do my devotions in the next hour or so in the sanctuary :-((!!

This basic discipline is a hard one for me. I get it done but I have a hard time accepting and living out the reality that my day must begin at 5am with some very specific things to work well. I am not a morning person. I have to painstakingly train myself to be one. And sometimes, that is the nature of my walk with God. I can do what God wants but sometimes it is so much easier on my timeframe than on His. Why won't He budge? Because it only works really well or at all His way.

Part of this fast is to CONSISTENTLY follow God, not just during these special fast occasions. I want to develop this habit so that it is not so easy to go back. I don't want seasons of closeness but a daily, close(r) walk with God. I love the ways that I see Him, hear Him, worship Him, am in love with Him and excited again about my life and what God has in store for me. I want to carry that beyond the fast, which means I must carry this intentional seeking and obeying beyond the fast.

So I will finish out today to the best of my ability and tomorrow, God willing, I will try again.
I'm not going back, I am moving ahead....I'm moving, moving forward!

3 comments:

  1. That is the song in my spirit this morning as I woke up! That will be one of my motto's this year. As I just sat and journaled, I was thinking about how that is a decision that we make to stop looking at the shoulda, woulda, coulda's, and go forward with God. Stop being weighed down by the past and move forward into the future. This is what I wnat my life to be about this year. Moving ahead, moving forward to all the wonderful things God has just for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My spirit has been telling me to move foreward and to walk in the authority God has given me. Spiritual warfare is what God has been telling me. No turning back for me except to see how far God has brought me and give him the praise. Also I'll look back to take back what the devil has stolen from me. This fast is essential to my living and for those who are not participating I'm praying and fasting for them too anyway. Im approaching each day just a little different talking to God in way I have never before and it feels good. Yeah, no Blue monday for me. Im going try that chili recipe but i think I'll wait to I can use butter for the black rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consistency that is what has been missing since Day 4 of this fast for me. I said I was gonna journal and I did for 4 days and then I stopped. It is so much easier for me to talk to God in my mind or out loud than it is to write it down. The problem is I am disciplined in the areas I feel are important to me and I have got to realize in my heart and soul that this fast is not about me. This fast is about God and only God and bringing me in alignment with Him, simple as that. I still have a long way to go thank God that He allows do overs. I am gonna pray on this because maybe journaling is not the way God wants me to communicate with Him. Could it be in the prayers I pray, the scriptures I read and study, the times I am in meditation with God or just the plain ole "How you doing God" or "Thank you God" that is enough? I don't know but I will seek God's direction and make that a consistent part of my daily walk with Him.

    ReplyDelete