Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 6: So I Told God "Yes"

Scripture: Genesis 7-9
Today's Menu: The grits are working for me so I'm gonna stick with them
Tofu (forgot the flavor-got some off wholefood's hot bar) with mushrooms
Mixed vegetables
raisins and nuts
Triscuits
Vegetable stew
Maybe-black beans and rice

Technical Note:
If you are having trouble posting to the blog. Try it twice. When I try to comment on the blog, I always get an error message after I hit send the first time. I just hit it again and then it goes through. I don't know why and I am using google so try it twice and let me know. If you are following the blog-please comment and let me know you are reading them OR send me an email rstclair@stjamesame.org so I can see if this actually is a helpful tool. Thanks!

So I Told God "Yes"
I don't have much to say this morning but a whole lot to do. So I will just give an update....I told God "yes." I am not exactly sure what I am saying "yes" to, God didn't ask me about anything in particular. I just gave God an across the board "yes" for however, whenever, with whomever, He wants to make this next move in my life. I decided to quit focusing on what I want and focus on being ready to give God what He wants. I am a bit nervous but I am meditating on Matt. 7:11--"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" I am going with the songwriter--"The Lord has promised good to me...." and with Jeremiah, I affirm God knows the plans He has for me, plans for my welfare and not my harm to give me a future with (or "and a") hope. I told God "yes" and each day I will work on not taking it back. I've taken back the stipulations that sometimes (ok, lately often) come with my "yes's". I am resisting the urge to constantly remind God that I want this or prefer this rather than that. I told Him before and now I am going to let it go and delight myself in Him--God knows the desires of my heart and most importantly, God knows what I need today and everyday that He shall give me. That's all, people. I believe God. I obey God. So i told God "yes."

5 comments:

  1. Amen....I yield to his leading as well...I am reminded of the song lyrics that state:

    I have emptied out my cup, so that you can fill it up...Lord I'm available to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner: I sautéed red quinoa in olive oil with garlic, onions, and added brown rice to the mix. 1 small baked sweet potato and a 1/2 cup light kidney beans.

    The kitchen is officially closed. :o)

    How's everybody doing?

    I have not been to the gym in about two weeks. Prior to the fast, I was having some back and hip problems. Even though I am feeling much better, I still have not been to the gym. I may go tomorrow. But if I don’t make it, it’s still all good. I do not feel bad about not going to the gym - (this is a first for me) My body is casting off what it does not need and embracing the health benefits of the fast. My body is adapting to the fast without any noticeable side affects. I've had no cravings, no mood swings, or irritability. My mind is alert and my spirit is up – To God be the Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still meditating and allowing God to minister to me in the morning, it feels really good and gets me moving in the morning. I haven't been to the gym, it is COLD out so I been chilling with my WII. I bought 2 of the upgrades, WII Fit Games and WII Sports and you get a really great workout with them so until it gets a tad bit warmer @ 5:30am I am gonna do WII.
    So much going on @ work but I just keep remembering the promise that we made not to complain and I don't.
    This blog helps me know that I am not the only one going through, gives me hope and great ideas for meals.

    I made this really good pasta salad using wheat, spinach & carrot pasta, with sliced red, yellow and green peppers, olive oil, black pepper, cucumber slices, sun dried tomatoes and natural almonds. I needed something other than salads. I think it is important to experiment or you will become tired of the same ole, same ole and start craving things that we shouldn't have.
    No cravings, no mood swings but I sure miss my Coffee, I even smell it through the bags in the food store Ummm I pray instead...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry it has taken me so long to post. I tried several times and it wouldn't post. Finally figured out to try a different computer. Lol...if we ask God he'll show us what to do.

    Amen to the entry today! This morning in my prayer time "I surrender all" was the song in my spirit. It's a little scary because I don't know what that will mean, but I want to be in his complete will for my life. Use me to your glory Lord! I want to stop holding myself back and let God have his way. so I too say yes to the Lord and surrender all.

    @ rev. st. clair. I made the stew....yum! added potatos and carrots to it.

    made a dish yesterday that came out tasty. Sauteed peppers, onions, and eggplant in olive oil and garlic and added some leftover wheat linguini.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! @ Tanya! :o)

    ReplyDelete