Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 13: Still Holding On

Scripture: I Samuel 16-17
Today's Menu:
Grits with black beans (really missing the sausage)
Left over chili
nuts
raisins
Subway salad with veggie patty
Olive tortilla chips
Pop chips

Still Holding On
Ooops! So clearly I forgot to blog this morning! My apologies! A now I feel obligated to say something profound and I have NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH, ZIP. You get the picture?! Lol!

The fast continues on and now it seems that my cravings are hitting me kinda hard. I want meat, well a steak, and I want calamari pizza-my latest fav. I was craving sugar during the first couple of weeks but the raisins helped me with that. I am trying to "woman up" for tomorrow--it's my birthday and I am feeling a little sad about not having any cake or real celebration. I sincerely feel like this fast is what I am supposed to do. I am really believing and seeking God regarding my next season in life and that of our church. I am confident that God will answer and move on our behalf. So I am still holding on despite my deep love of Carvel ice cream cake with the chocolate crunchies in the middle. I'm sorry, but it just makes me happy to have that on my birthday. But I keep telling myself that the sacrifices now will not compare to what God will do; that one day I will look back and clearly see my shift into this new place in God and know that this was my tipping point. The cake with the crunchies will be there on January 23rd! I asked God for a birthday present. I asked Him to do something very specific and if it was not time for that request, if He would just do something to encourage my heart in this endeavor. I believe He will, I need Him, too. So, I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Meanwhile, give me the 40 pep talk because I am feeling a bit anxious about these 40's for so many reasons. And then I think--perhaps this will be the decade of dreams. The 30's were filled with such sorrow....So here's what I am going to do, I read it in a book I got as a gift. Tomorrow during my devotional time, I am going to make a "God box." Inside of it, I will place all of my prayer requests and date them. They will remain with "God" until they are answered. Once answered, I will date them and collect them in a scrapbook of answered prayers. I will have a tangible testimony of God moving in my life and be able to encourage myself in the Lord.

Well, it's about 2 1/2 hours before I cross over (time stamp on this blog is wrong... I don't know the time I was born so I just go with midnight)
I'm not going back, I am moving ahead....I'm moving, moving forward!


5 comments:

  1. Rev. St.Clair - Happy Birthday. Dont be afraid. My forties were fantastic. I became an empowered woman. You are already that and turning forty will make you a superwoman. How I wish I could be forty again. I am now 62 years old and I love it. My daughters told me the other day I should dye my gray hair but when I look in the mirror, I love my gray.It is my crown. God has been good and I don't have wrinkles. The fast has been a great help. Between the two fasts I have lost over 30 lbs. Turning forty I really started to live my prayers. My walk with God became more real than it had ever been. Things I had been praying about God showed me how he wanted to bless me and bless me he did. I have journaled my prayers (over 25 years) and sometime when I am feeling low, I go back and read my journals. Each time God answered a prayer, I crossed it off my list and most of the tine I added something new I know he does answer prayer my journals are proof of that. Nothing is too hard for God. So celebrate and enjoy. Again Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rev this is a nice post, I enjoyed reading it.
    Fabulous 40's is what comes to mind when I think back on those days. For me these were the years when I really became the woman that I was meant to be. It was like growing into me...Have you heard the saying "Life begins at 40" well it is true. Sit back, relax and step into you, you will not be disappointed. THE BEST IS YET TO COME...

    I'm still craving coffee - I'm addicted I confess and I smell it everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Rev.Raquel. Im 42 and i must say so far it's been fun, Im more in tune with what i want, im not for any mess (you know that stuff that everybody wants to consume you with their stuff)I feel stronger and wiser, so Embrace 40 your gonna love it you will find out that it's much better than the 30's. I feel you on the carvel cake with the chocolate crunchies but we have to hold on tight. Love ya & God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Rev. St. Clair! You are a PHENOMENAL WOMAN,and the best is yet to come! Love the idea of a God Box and scrapbook of the answered prayers. What a fantastic reminder of God fulfilling the desires of your heart. Hold on cause its on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rev. St. Clair! As I approach 50 (1 more year) I must say I LOVED my 40's. It was the time I really came into my authentic self and found the love of my life. Love has truly been good to me and now I am even more excited about crossing over into my 50's. I also have a God box. I keep my journal in it and pictures/images of things or visions for my life. When I see a picture of something whether it be a clothing item or destination I put it in the box. No matter how big or small the vision is I put it in there. I keep it in the bathroom and glace through it everyday to remind myself that God is still working on my miracles. (Yes DANCING MY PRAYERS is in there!) When a prayer is answered I remove it from the box. I'll try the answered prayer scrapbook.

    Although the 30's may have been filled with sorrow looking from the inside out, for us looking from the outside we have all been so inspired by your walk. You are phenomenal and loved by so many. Love came into my life when I started to love myself as much as I wanted to be loved. When that happend I didn't need anyone else to love me and then boom love came like a flood.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY (At 40 you're supposed to celebrate for at least a month so doesn't matter which day you have your cake!)

    ReplyDelete