Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 19: Hold On

Scripture: I Samuel 25-31
Today's Menu: Right now I am eating triscuits. Not sure where it will go from here...

Hold On
We only have a few days left and they seem to be the HARDEST days of this fast for me. I started off pretty strong with not many cravings. I was actually glad to be back on Daniel if only to rectify my wayward eating. This is so different than the last fast. I did 40 days hard and the last three days on water. I would like to believe that I am on the brink of crossing over and that God is going to move on my behalf quickly. So I am going to hold on-that's what one of the saints told me today at noonday. She said that she didn't know what I am waiting for but that this delay is not a denial. God's just been telling me to wait, so hold on. I had another sister tell me that I was in the right place, keep doing what I am doing because God will do what He said. I pray this is so, that this is the whole "darkest moment is just before day" because despite all this encouragement, my spirit has tanked!

When I feel like this, I sometimes have to look beyond myself and what I am believing God for and remember someone that I love and what THEY need from God. Sometimes, I can hold on better for someone else than I can for myself. This morning I was thinking about Rev. Watley. As the Executive Minister, I know of the sacrifices he makes and the burdens of ministry he carries that others will never know. I know about how we benefit from his labor and faithfulness and sacrifice and how ministry can cost someone more than others can imagine. And that he pays it willingly even among complaining, nitpicking people who will eagerly sop up the word while tearing down the messenger. So, even when I feel like my situation looks bleak, I hold on for him and others who really deserve a break and a breakthrough. I don't want to be part of the load they have to carry, I want to shoulder my fair share. So, I'll nibble my triscuits, and munch on a few nuts, drink plenty of water and before you know it Saturday will be here and who knows what else we will find there besides all the food we left behind!

2 comments:

  1. Encouragng word Rev. St Clair, thank you. Despite all that weighs on my shoulders, I'm holding on for you, Rev. Watley & St James Social Services. Be encouraged

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be encouraged Rev. St. Clair. I am holding on for Rev. Watley and you. As you know, "if you delight yourself in the Lord, He WILL give you the desires of your heart"! and Mrs. Pope, thanks for holding for SJSS. We too are holding on to God's promises...

    ReplyDelete