Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 14: Run On and See What the End Is Going to Be

Scripture: I Samuel 17, Ruth
Today's Menu: I just don't know...
Getting kinda bored with Daniel food so maybe I'll see treat myself to a smoothie or something from the Wholefoods hot bar


Run On and See What the End Is Going to Be
Thanks for all of the encouraging posts, texts, and emails! It was truly appreciated. So, it's the 14th day of the fast and we 2/3 there. I must admit that my 2009 request, which was the final September Daniel fast request, AND request for this fast was denied. I am trying to deal with the disappointment and keep on fasting anyway. I will not give in to the ice cream cake with the crunchies. That's the good thing about community and accountability, it can keep you when other things can't. If y'all didn't know I committed to fasting through my bday, I would eating a lot of comfort foods right now. But even though I did not get what I asked for, I got some surprising gifts--last night when I came home, there was a package on my back deck. Inside was a beautiful, silver link Tiffany's bracelet from my "play relatives" ( I have a Chinese brother, sister, niece and nephew, and brother--he's black. lol!). One of my good girlfriends bought me the Tiffany gift box charm to go on it. When I got in this evening, I found a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my best girlfriend in Chicago. I was treated to lunch and received so many emails, texts, calls, and FB shout-outs since midnight last night. I didn't get what I asked for, but I got a lot of what I did NOT request. So, I am grateful and although my year long request was denied, at least for now, I am immeasurably blessed.

I've been thinking about Daniel 10: 12: He said to me, ‘Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words. I am reminded that God heard Daniel's prayer the moment he humbled himself to seek God. The answer, however, did not come until 21 days later. I am reminded that sometimes, we just have to wait. I would like to the think that the gifts on the back deck are a sign. Perhaps, some things will show up out of nowhere, unexpected, and yet so welcomed. So, I'm just gonna run on and see what the end is going to be. I believe I'm gonna like what's up there!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday again Rev while it is still your day. I am glad that you are glad about how your special day turned out, you deserve that and more.
    Well we have a TIffany's girl in our midst. I just love Tiffany's jewelery and you will too - Enjoy them.

    It is funny that you mention that you are sick of Daniel food, so am I and I wanted something different so I made a vegetable stir fry (Brocolli, Carrots, Red, Grn and Yellow pepper, fresh garlic & grated ginger cooked with sesame oil) Sesame seeds and ground pepper to taste over Spaghetti Squash with Salmon marinated in Balsamic Vinegar. It was really good but that isn't what I wanted. I don't know what I want and I tend not to eat when I don't know what I want...
    I am praying through the coffee cravings and now that we have another 7 days to go it seems to get harder to come up with foods to eat. I was told that we need to change what we eat @ least every 4 days because we will not want to eat any of the Daniel food if we don't.
    I have come to the conclusion that we must be getting close to breakthrough time - Lord help us to hold on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY REV RAQUEL!

    I thought it was just me who was tired of the Daniel food. Sometimes the thought of it makes me nauseous, so I just don't eat. I know, not good. I don't know why, but I am having a bit of a rough time with this fast. I fasted in Sept also, but it didn't seem to be this difficult. God must have something HUGE in store for me:) Actually, He has already moved, directed, and blessed. But I continue to seek God's face and thank God for being with us all and sustaining us through this fast.

    God, please continue to direct us as a church and in our individual lives. Thank you so much for countless blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we enter the last lap of the fast I find myself thinking really hard about what am I going to do when the fast is over. I tell myself I cannot wait until Saturday. My friends want to take me out to eat. I love meat, steak, pork chops,fried chicken, pasta, cake and ice cream. The Cheeesecake Factory is like home. I love all the things that kept my weight at 257 lbs and my blood pressure at times off the chart. These were my unhealthy choices. I have prayed about my weight for years and these two fasts were my answer. I am now down to 225 lbs. Just eating healthy. Lots of veggies and fruits. Have to drink more water. My family and friends were no encouragement, in fact they made fun of me. Last time when the fast was over I want back to the same old habits. When this fast is over I am really going to work on my eating habits. I am going to make better food choices. I was looking for God to do something and give me breakthrough. Restoring my health is already breakthrough. I took my granddaughter to the park 3 days in a row. I was able to play with her and not just sit on a bench. I feel new levels of energy. Praise God for the victory. My next doctor's appointment is April 1st. Hopefully I can get off some of my medication. I have learned my prayer closet in not in the kitchen or in the refrigerator. Jesus is my Comforter, not food. This blog and your postings have been a great encouragement. I am really going to miss them when the fast is over.

    ReplyDelete