Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 6: New Morning, New Mercies

Scripture: Romans 9-11

New Morning, New Mercies
Although by nature I am a night owl, I love the early mornings. I love the promise of each new day and the feeling of all things being made new. I am comforted by the Genesis 1 story of creation. You will notice that at the completion of each new day it says, "evening and morning" not "morning and evening." I read once that for God, the day begins when the sun goes down. In other words, when humans rest, God goes to work, The same sentiment is expressed in Psalm 127:2 which is usually translated:"for he gives sleep to his beloved." However, I also like the alternate translation of that verse: "He provides for his beloved during sleep." So in those morning hours, in the quiet moments before the world wakes up, I sit wondering what God has been working on and what He will provide today.

Yes, God will provide so we can let go of the financial stress that encumbers us. We can release the "what if's" and walk by faith in full assurance that when we get to the need, God will provide. We can relax during this financial fast because we are not dealing with lack, only disciplined spending and habits. There is more than enough, God provides. Because while we slept, God went to work and provided for us while we rested. So think of today as an opportunity to see what God has been up to!

3 comments:

  1. Amen! God is always doing something and each new mercy we are granted gives confirmation that God hasn't finished with us yet! Follow those landmarks! Know that God has laid out a plan for us and when we follow it/His lead we won't be alone because He has gone before us & is with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you... 1 Peter 5:7 NRSV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you God, Thank you Rev.St.Clair.
    I work during the hours while most people are sleeping. I know God is always busy, but I never thought about him working things out why we sleeping. I guess cause I'm to busy complaing about being up at work, and all the time he is working things out for my family,friends, my church and for me.It's feels good to take another perspective instead of the I factor. New mercies, tender mercies, unmerited mercies, new mornings, Joy in the morning. My, my, my, my , my, Thank you LORD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete